We Welcome All Dental Insurance
If you have dental insurance, then you can trust that we’ll be able to use it to help you save on your care here at Creekview Family Dentistry. Our Insurance Coordinator, Viviana, has a lot of experience working with many different plans, and she’ll help you figure out the best way to get the most out of your coverage. She’ll even file your claims for you so you don’t have to deal with any paperwork! To get a better idea of how dental insurance works and how you can maximize your benefits, you’ll find our short guide below.
Understanding How Dental Insurance Works
Here are two simple ways to get the most out of your insurance:
- Focus on Prevention: Most plans completely cover preventive services like checkups and cleanings (more on this below).
- Know Your Annual Maximum: This is the highest dollar amount a plan will pay for care in a given year. A key thing to know is that if you don’t meet this maximum by the end of the year, the leftover money will likely NOT rollover to the next, so it’s smart to work with your dental team to ensure you don’t leave any money on the table.
What Your Dental Insurance Plan Covers
Every dental insurance plan is different, but most have the same basic benefits structure, which tends to look something like this:
- Preventive care is covered 100% (checkups, cleanings, dental sealants, fluoride treatments).
- Basic restorative care is covered 80% (fillings, bonding).
- Advanced restorative care is covered 30-50% (crowns, bridges, dentures, root canals, extractions).
- Orthodontic care is often covered as well, but this may be limited to braces for patients under 18 only.
- Cosmetic services are deemed elective and are usually NOT covered (porcelain veneers, teeth whitening, gum recontouring).
If You Have a Plan, We’ll Take It!
Our dental office is happy to work with most PPO insurance plans regardless of provider. We recommend giving us a call ahead of your visit so we can confirm your benefits and give you access to your savings right away. Or, you can just bring your membership card with you when you come to see us, and we can complete this process during your appointment. Either way, we’ll make the experience of using your insurance nice and easy!
In addition to the following plans, we proudly accept most PPO plans:
- BlueCross BlueShield
- Delta Dental
- United Healthcare
- United Concordia
And many more! Give us a call if you don’t see your dental insurance provider on this list.